The business activities of the Kewpie Group are viable in virtue of the ample bounties of nature, which include raw materials. We pay due consideration to the impact on the environment that our business activities have. We believe it is our mission to preserve the environment as it has existed until now for a long time to come, and pass this on to the next generation.
At the Kewpie Group, we have identified “Efficient Use of Resources and Sustainable Procurement,” and “Reduction of CO2 Emissions (Response to Climate Change)” as environmental material issues for sustainability, and we have been addressing these issues across the whole Group.
Including the above, for crucial environmental issues, we will report all of our environmental activities based on the five areas of “Effective Use of Resources,” “Initiatives on Global Warming,” “Conservation of Biodiversity,” “Sustainable Use of Water,” and “Environmentally Friendly Products.”
Efficient Use of Resources and Sustainable Procurement
- Regarding the unused parts of the main vegetables used by the Group, we will aim for over 30% effective utilization by 2021, and over 90% by 2030.
- We will reduce the amount of product waste by at least 25% by 2021, and by at least 50% by 2030 (compared to 2015)
- Effective utilization of the unused parts of vegetables: 21.2%
- Amount of wasted products: reduced by 29.9%
Reduction of CO2 Emissions (Response to Climate Change)
- We will reduce the annual CO2 emissions for the Group by at least 7.5% by 2021, and by at least 20% by 2030 (compared to 2013)
- CO2 Emissions: reduced by 7.2%
We have formulated a basic environmental policy to provide guidelines for Kewpie Group companies around the globe.
Effective Use of Resources
We are working towards the effective utilization of food resources and reduction in waste and plastic.
Initiatives on Global Warming
In order to reduce CO2 emissions, we strive to conserve energy and convert to new sources of energy throughout our operations, from procurement and production to distribution, sales and administration.
Conservation of Biodiversity
The Kewpie Forest forms a focal point for our efforts to conserve the natural environment.
Sustainable Use of Water
We are working towards the effective use of water, which we think is an essential resource that supports people's lives and various industries.