Selection as ESG/SRI Index Constituent
MSCI Japan ESG Select Leaders Index*
MSCI is a leader in research and analysis to support ESG (environmental, social, and governance) investing. The MSCI Japan ESG Select Leaders Index consists of the highest-rated ESG performers in each sector of industry, chosen from Japan’s top 700 listed companies by market capitalization. Kewpie has remained a constituent stock in the index, which is selected by the Japanese Government Pension Investment Fund (GPIF) for passive tracking, since first being included in 2017.
*THE INCLUSION OF Kewpie Corporation. IN ANY MSCI INDEX, AND THE USE OF MSCI LOGOS, TRADEMARKS, SERVICE MARKS OR INDEX NAMES HEREIN, DO NOT CONSTITUTE A SPONSORSHIP, ENDORSEMENT OR PROMOTION OF Kewpie Corporation. BY MSCI OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES. THE MSCI INDEXES ARE THE EXCLUSIVE PROPERTY OF MSCI. MSCI AND THE MSCI INDEX NAMES AND LOGOS ARE TRADEMARKS OR SERVICE MARKS OF MSCI OR ITS AFFILIATES
S&P/JPX Carbon Efficient Index
Kewpie has been included as member of the S&P/JPX Carbon Efficient Index, a stock index for ESG investment selected by the Government Pension Investment Fund (GPIF). This index consists of the S&P Dow Jones Index, one of the world’s largest independent index companies, based on carbon emissions data from Trucost, a pioneer in environmental assessment. This index increases the weight of investments in companies within similar industries that are highly carbon efficient and those that disclose information on their greenhouse gas emissions.
SOMPO Sustainability Index
It is an index that Sompo Asset Management Co., Ltd. independently selects stocks to invest in with a focus on ESG assessment by research agencies. Launched in August 2012, SOMPO Sustainable Management determines holding weight based on this index. Kewpie was added to this list for the first time in 2019 and has been included for two years running.
Designations and Certifications
Kewpie is a seven-time recipient of the Kurumin certification, awarded by the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare to companies providing outstanding support for childcare. In May 2018, Kewpie was awarded the Platinum Kurumin* certification.
The Platinum Kurumin certification was instituted in April 2015 to recognize companies that have met and surpassed the standards for Kurumin and to encourage businesses to pursue further initiatives to support work-life balance.
Secures Three Stars under the Healthy Meal & Dietary Environment certification system
Kewpie applied for first round Healthy Meal & Dietary Environment certification from the Healthy Meal & Dietary Environment Consortium in the cafeteria segment, with the Sengawa Kewport complex being awarded the highest “3 star” rating.
AI Raw Material Inspection Equipment
- Minister of Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries Award, 2nd Japan Open Innovation Awards
- Runner-up for the Grand Prize at IT Japan Award 2019
- Grand Prize at the Deep Learning Business Awards (sponsored by Nikkei x TECH)
Effective utilization of the unused parts of vegetables
- Prime Minister’s Prize in the Reduce, Reuse, Recycle (3Rs) Promotion Merit Awards 2018
- Award from the Director of Food Industry Affairs Bureau at the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, the Sixth Food Industry Mottainai (Reducing Wastefulness) Awards
Effective Utilization of Egg Shells
- Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries’ Prize in the Reduce, Reuse, Recycle (3Rs) Promotion Merit Awards 2019
- Award from the Director of Food Industry Affairs Bureau at the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, the Seventh Food Industry Mottainai (Reducing Wastefulness) Awards
- 2018 Excellent Green Logistics Partnership Award from the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism
- Supply Chain Innovation Grand Prize
- Grand Prize, Smooth Business Promotion Awards
- World Star Award, Food Category of the World Packaging Organization’s World Star Contest 2019
- Innovation Category of the 43rd Kinoshita Awards
- Long Life Design Award, 2019 Good Design Awards