Egg White Peptides EP-1
Average molecular weight is approximately 1100 and water solution is milky.
Egg white peptide
Degrading egg white protein with enzymes results in egg white peptides in which multiple amino acids are linked.
In addition to the superior nutritional value of egg white protein itself, egg white peptides display many properties not seen in either amino acids or proteins.
Testing in animals has confirmed that egg white peptides act to inhibit increased cholesterol in the blood. It has also been confirmed that egg white peptides have antioxidation action in food products and living things.
Characteristics and function of egg white peptides
Turning egg white into peptides increases the efficiency of digestibility and absorption in the intestinal tract.
- 1. High protein, low fat
- 2. A protein that is superior in everything from digestion through absorption to use in the body
- 3. Contains an abundance of branched-chain and sulfur-containing amino acids
- 1. Reported to be efficacious in reducing LDL cholesterol and increasing HDL cholesterol
- 2. Reported to reduce liver fat and liver cholesterol
- 3. Confirmed to inhibit oxidation in the body
Inhibits food oxidation
Nutritional properties of egg white peptide
(Product name: Egg White Peptide EP-1)
Amino acid composition of egg white peptide
We compared the amino acid composition of Egg White Peptide EP-1 (manufactured by Kewpie), egg white protein, dairy protein, and soy protein.
Amino acid composition and amino acid scores
（The words written in orange is Essential amino acid.）
|Amino acid composition|
|Egg White Peptides EP-1||Egg White||Milk protein||Soybean protein|
|Amino acid score||-||100||100||100||100|
Revised Tables of Amino Acid Composition of Foods by Resource Survey
Association and Resource Survey Center, Japan Science and Technology
*1 branched-chain amino acid (BCAA)
*2 sulfur-containing amino acid
Egg White Peptides EP-1 has a good amino acid balance and is rich in branched-chain amino acids (BCAA) and sulfur-containing amino acids.
Efficacy data 1
Efficacy data 2
Egg White Ingredients for Food Use
- Egg White Peptides EP-1
A white to pale yellow colored powder of chicken egg white hydrolyzed using enzymes to lower molecular weight.
Best for keeping balanced Amino acids and not coagulating when heated.
*Average molecular weight is approximately 1,100.
Egg White Ingredients
for Cosmetic Use
- Desugared egg white spray-dried to a powder.
- Egg White Peptides EP-1
A heat stabilized powder made from egg white hydrolyzed with enzymes.
* Average molecular weight: approx. 1,000
Eggshell Membrane for Food Use
- EM Powder （300）
- Finely-powdered Eggshell Membrane.
Eggshell Membrane for Cosmetic Use
- EM Protein-P
- A powder soluble in water obtained from hydrolysis of Eggshell Membrane.
- EM Powder（300）
- A powder obtained by drying and pulverizing Eggshell Membrane.
Other Ingredients Derived from Eggs
- Egg White Lysozyme
- Enzymes extracted from egg whites and white-powder food additive with slight sweetness.